| Deadline: Wednesday 7 November at 23:59 GMT | Value: Fully Funded (10, 000 GBP) |
About The ACU Blue Charter Fellowship
- The Commonwealth Blue Charter affirms our collective commitment to preserving and nurturing the world’s oceans. Part of this includes tackling marine pollution – specifically the issue of marine plastics, which are drastically affecting the health of our oceans, marine life, and the Blue Economy.
- As part of the Marine Plastics Research & Innovation Framework, the ACU is launching a new fellowship programme that will provide 35 academic fellows with 2-3 month placements at ACU member universities across the Commonwealth, as well as in industry.
- These fellowships will support world-class research and innovation in marine plastics, and help fulfil the objectives of the Commonwealth Marine Plastics Research and Innovation Framework.
- Research and research translation areas will cover the broad area of marine plastics, including:
- preventing plastics from getting into the sea
developing alternatives to plastics
the potential for cleaning up the seas
- Applicants must be PhD students or post-PhD research staff at ACU member institutions in any Commonwealth country.
- Applications from early career researchers (ECRs) are particularly welcomed. Early career is defined as current PhD students, researchers up to 10 years post-PhD, and also researchers who are returning to academic work following a career break.
- Applicants from any discipline will be considered, as long as they can demonstrate how their work relates to the topic.
- The fellowship must take place at an ACU member institution, or in industry , outside the fellow’s country of residence.
- Fellows are expected to be highly skilled and motivated researchers whose proposed research topic is innovative, timely, and likely to lead to wider impact beyond the academic community.
- Applicants must submit proof that the host institution is happy to host their fellowship as part of the application process.
- The fellowships will last between two and three months, and must take place between 27 December 2018 and 31 March 2019.
- Application Deadline: Wednesday 7 November at 23:59 GMT.
Value of Fellowships
- A grant of up to £8000 GBP to cover travel, accommodation, sustenance, travel insurance, vaccinations and visa costs.
- A research grant of £2000 GBP for research costs – this can include conference participation – associated with the fellowship.
To Apply Or Know More
- Complete the online application form
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for enquiries