| Value: Full Masters Scholarship | Deadline: 3rd December 2018 |
- Australia Awards opportunities are offered annually and are managed by the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT). Since 2011, Australia has provided more than 6,000 Australia Awards to applicants from 52 African countries.
- The awards include Masters Scholarships and Short Courses that aim to support the leadership needs of African professionals and to focus training on areas relevant to Africa’s development priorities. Through study and practical experience, scholars gain skills and knowledge that will help drive economic and social development in their home countries. Courses are offered in the following priority sectors: Agricultural productivity, extractives and public policy.
- 3rd December 2018
- Full tuition fees cover
- Economy class flight to and from Australia
- AUD 30,000 anually for living expenses
- Overseas student health cover (Basic health cover)
- Once-off establishment allowance of AUD 5,000 to assist with starting life in Australia and course commencement
- Reunion airfare back home midway through the course for awards > 2years
- Citizen of an eligible African country
- Minimum academic requirement: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Mid-level to senior-level professional, currently employed in a relevant field
- Meet relevant post-graduate work experience requirements
- Demonstrate a clear vision of how the knowledge gained through the scholarship will be used to improve policy, practice or reform in their home country
- Satisfactory English proficiency to enable full participation in a training course delivered in English (minimum overall IELTS score of 5 with no individual band score lower than 4.5)
- Satisfy all requirements of the Australian Government for the appropriate student visa (subclass 500).
Eligible African Countries