| Closing date: 30 September 2018 | Anticipated Start Date: 1st November 2018 BBC Journalist | Job reference: BBC/TP/1200288/30108 | No professional journalism training needed |
About the Trainee Scheme
- The BBC World Service reaches more than 90 million people in Africa weekly on Radio, TV, Online (language sites and bbcafrica.com), Mobile and Social Media. Our East Africa hub based in Nairobi is our biggest bureau in Africa hosting Amharic, Afaan Oromoo, Tigrinya, Swahili, Somali and Great Lakes Language services as well as digital teams, an innovation hub and a range of TV programmes.
- This opportunity is for three Trainees to join the Nairobi bureau for 12 months to gain the skills and experience needed to be a BBC Journalist.
- This is a chance to understand BBC news as a journalist, including what it is like working in two languages – English and one other of the Horn of Africa languages, Amharic, Afaan Oromoo or Tigrinya. You will spend time in the relevant language service within The East Africa Bureau, meeting a range of people, from bilingual reporters, producers, editors, presenters, camera operators to online, digital and social media journalists.
- At the end of the 12 months you will have a clear understanding of BBC editorial values and an idea of the wide-ranging journalism that goes on at BBC Africa and other parts of BBC News. Should you complete your traineeship successfully you will be ready to apply for Journalist roles within the BBC and in other media organisations.
- There is no guarantee of a job at the end of the scheme.
- NO professional journalism training needed
- Must demonstrate passion and keen interest for the job. For example, you may be writing articles for a newspaper, working at a radio station, blogging or vlogging – or creating great social media content.
- will be a creative storyteller who is curious about the world around you and are fascinated by news and current affairs.
- will be confident meeting new people and sharing people’s stories with ideas on how we can reach all of our audiences including people who might not normally consume news.
- will need to be 18 or over by the time the scheme starts
- Programme duration: 12 months
- Number of Positions: 3
- Band: Trainee
- Base: Nairobi
To Apply For This Position Or Know More;
Please visit the providers website by clicking here.