| Value: €16,000 per annum plus
- The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme is an established national initiative, funded by the Department of Education and Skills and managed by the Council.
- The programme provides outstanding students with the opportunity to direct their own research at the early-career stage, working with a supervisor, in their chosen area of interest.
- a stipend of €16,000 per annum
- a contribution to fees, including non-EU fees, up to a maximum of €5,750 per annum
- eligible direct research expenses of €2,250 per annum
- must have a first class or upper second-class honours bachelor’s, or the equivalent, degree. If undergraduate examination results are not known at the time of application, the Council may make a provisional offer of a scholarship on condition that the scholar’s bachelor’s, or the equivalent, degree result is a first class or upper second-class honours
- If a scholar does not have a first class or upper second-class honours bachelor’s, or the equivalent, degree, they must possess a master’s degree. The Council’s determination of an applicant’s eligibility on these criteria is final.
- must not have had two previous unsuccessful applications to the
programme, including strategic partner themes;
- in the case of applications for a research master’s, must not currently
hold, or have previously held, a Council scholarship;
- in the case of applications for a doctoral degree, must not currently hold,
or have previously held, any Council scholarship other than that which
would have enabled them to obtain a research master’s degree.
|Call open||6 September 2018|
|FAQ deadline||25 October 2018|
|Applicant deadline||16:00 (Irish time) 1 November 2018|
|Supervisor and referee deadline||16:00 (Irish time) 8 November 2018|
|Research office endorsement deadline||16:00 (Irish time) 15 November 2018|
|Call outcome||End of March 2019|
|Scholarship start date||1 September 2019|
Please note that the timings provided here are indicative and may be subject to change.
To apply online or find out more about the scholarship