Call is open | Value: ZAR 350,000 per annum | Application deadline: 09:00 12 November 2018 | 3 Postdoctoral Fellowships
The University of Cape Town’s Wellcome Centre for Infectious Diseases Research in Africa (CIDRI-Africa) invites applications for Postdoctoral Fellowships in the area of Infectious Diseases.
- The value of the fellowship is R350 000 per annum (for the fellowship stipend plus consumables/travel)
- Fellowships are awarded for one year. Renewal for one further year will be contingent on satisfactory academic progress
Qualifying Criteria :
- Applicants should hold an appropriate doctoral degree
- Applicants should be within 5 years of PhD graduation and should not have held prior permanent professional academic positions
- Successful candidates will be required to comply with the University of Cape Town’s approved policies, procedures and practices for the postdoctoral sector
- Applications will be considered on merit and the University of Cape Town’s policies on transformation and equity will be strongly adhered to.
- Preference will be given to applicants whose research interests are aligned with the Centre’s scientific objectives (www.cidri-africa.uct.ac.za)
Applicants should submit a research proposal developed with a Principal or Contributing Investigator of CIDRI-Africa as their supervisor. Please consult the website above to identify a potential supervisor. Successful candidates will be registered in the academic departments of the supervisors.
Enquiries and completed applications should be addressed to: Kathryn.Wood@uct.ac.za
To Know More or Download Application Form
Click here to visit institution’s webpage.